To structure object data layout-wise, there are 3 panel types and 4 other layout elements available. Data fields are always contained in a panel. Panels can be nested and thereby a data input interface tailored to the users's needs can be designed.
The three available panel types are:
- Panel - a plain panel holding fields
- Region - a region panel able to hold nested panel's in its regions north, east, west and south
- Tabpanel - a panel holding further nested panels as tabs
Moreover, within a panel fields can be put into the following layout Components
- Field Container
And last but not least there are two extra layout elements:
- Button - with a custom handler
- Text - to add minimally formatted text to an object layout. This can hold descriptions and hints which don't fit into a field's tooltip. Please note that since release 4.4.2 it is possible to generate this text dynamically. Please read this page for further details.