Digital Experience Platform (DXP) - Why it Matters for Enterprises?
As web content management systems (WCMs) evolve at a breakneck speed, customer-oriented, personalized, and context-optimized omnichannel experiences have come to the fore.
Capabilities like interoperability, flexibility, cross-channel delivery and AI-driven content management has fueled this evolution, revamping WCM into its most modern avatar, the—digital experience platform (DXP) platform.
The Need for Consistency
Digital experience platform also comes into the picture as there’s an undeniable need for creation of content hubs, that act as unified content repositories and deployment of content-as-a-service, which serves as a fusion of content authoring, API delivery and management.
In simpler terms, while WCM represents just content, DXP stands for content along with engagement, as creating and managing compelling web experiences across organizational and end-user touchpoints has turned indispensable.
Three Key Drivers That Have Led to the Rise of Digital Experience Platform
Putting the message across to the right person, at the right time, and on the right device has become a prerequisite for engagement. With emergence of the empowered customer, brands are compelled to comprehend the reason behind their buying decisions. That is why sending relevant and tailored messages to customers based on actionable data and real time analysis has become all-important for brands.
(2) API Driven Approach
Brands are moving beyond point-to-point integration and embracing an API-based strategy, as legacy systems can make it difficult, if not impossible, to deliver content seamlessly to the growing number of channels and touchpoints. Decoupled, open, API-driven CMSes are far more flexible as they can avoid tight dependencies between systems. Therefore, facilitating a new architecture around APIs to minimize IT complexities has become a priority for enterprises.
The most common impediment to interoperability is incompatibility between systems, technologies and processes, making interaction between them difficult. Effective coupling between information sources, is therefore the lifeblood of channel agnostic dissemination of product content and digital assets. Brands have realized that organizational and technological silos must be bridged to facilitate workflows and collaboration for delivery of consistent experiences to the end users.
Want to Win over Today's Customers? Do It with Digital Experience Platform
As organization’s digital presence grows, personalized engagement of target audiences gains significance. Knowledge about customers is often deduced from their activities, interests, personality types, purchase history and from their behavior in real time. Personalized experiences and customized shopping journeys are central to creating relevant shoppable moments at every stage. Personalization can:
- Further the content relevance by understanding the context customer is in
- Push adaptive and predictive content in front of the customer
- Make A/B testing of content and product recommendations easier
Pimcore’s Digital Experience Platform Can Meet Your Personalization Needs with Ease
Pimcore brings rule-based personalization to your online existence, giving you the capability to define personas, gather user behavior, while generating and offering relevant, unique content to your target audience through features like:
- Analytics Integration: Analytics can help you track conventional web metrics along with keeping tabs on your precise marketing efficiency for each channel.
- Behavioral Targeting: Real-time implicit and explicit, on-site behavioral targeting is made possible along with defining global target groups.
- Data Collection & User Profiling: Data Collection & User Profiling: Collection, aggregation, and storage of user profiles is one of the major features of Pimcore’s flexible data store.
Analytics & Targeting
Analytics can help you measure all interactions and experiences and track multichannel attribution models to comprehend the influence of every single engagement across channels. It becomes the fuel for efficient targeting and personalization, as the accuracy and relevance of the content is highly dependent on it. Efficient analytics and targeting helps you to:
Provide quantitative insights by capturing interaction data
Examine impact of messages, advertising, and brand engagement
Recognize opportunities, predict outcomes, and continually improve marketing efforts
Pimcore’s Digital Experience Platform Takes Care of Your Analytics Requirements
Data analytics is a key component of Pimcore’s digital experience platform. It efficiently measures and optimizes content to promote insights-driven marketing techniques for engaging customers from discovery to buying. Some of its features are:
- Integration with Leading Web Analytics Software: You get to integrate not just Google Analytics, Google Tagmanager, but also Matomo (a leading open source web analytics software).
- Easy Retrieval of Reports: Admins can retrieve reports easily by displaying Matomo dashboards and widgets in Pimcore or by using Pimcore’s native reporting widgets.
- 100% Data Ownership & Privacy Protection: Data is physically stored on client’s own servers, which makes the collection of analytical data, and its processing fully secure.
For high level of customer engagement and conversion, it is vital to put product content in digital commerce to its optimal use. Therefore, content creation and authoring must be carried out separately from its place of use, as a variety of applications may consume this content. CaaS, typically implies that content is made available via APIs. It helps with:
Making the delivering to newer digital commerce channels possible without any re-platforming.
Extending content to all channels while retaining continuity and consistency.
Consolidating multiple content silos into a single, cross-channel service.
Pimcore’s Digital Experience Platform gives you the perfect CaaS opportunity
CaaS enables consistent and instant dissemination of digital content, on any channel via APIs. The disassociation of presentation and management of content facilitates better orchestration and governance. Pimcore’s CaaS comes with features like:
- API-driven Approach: Pimcore uses REST API to deliver content by calling it anywhere, to offer seamless experience, instantaneously.
- Decoupled or Hybrid Architecture: As admin layer or the back end is detached from the display layer completely, it can publish files to any 3rd party destinations.
- Preview Functionality: This helps the setting up of content structure metadata to suit the layout of diverse screen sizes as well as devices.
Flexibility & Agility
A digital experience platform must be flexible enough to seamlessly integrate with any business application, database and web service. On the other hand, agility is needed to cater to the demands of customer-centric, consistent experiences. Both agility and flexibility go hand in glove when it comes to managing high volumes and deliver engaging and personalized experiences. They help in:
Keeping the messaging current and contextual
Allowing quality control and responsiveness to cope up with a wide variety of content formats and digital channels
Accelerating content creation, approval and publishing for real-time marketing
Pimcore’s Open Source DXP Allows Enormous Flexibility and Agility
The flexibility and agility Pimcore’s open source digital experience platform can help enterprises’ in expanding into newer markets, improving control over their offerings, while boosting their customer experience and lowering their total cost of ownership. It draws from:
- Pimcore’s Open Source nature: To respond to businesses and their customers’ needs, the kind of innovation and freedom open source ensures is second to none.
- Single-Source, Multi-Channel Publishing: This allows enterprises to boost productivity and efficiency by managing and editing content in a single place, but using it across any output channel.
- Digitalized Marketing: Pimcore streamlines processes, operations, and data with evolving customer expectations’, by delivering content wherever the customer is.
Table of Contents
- The Group of Analysts (TGOA)
- Core Information Supply Chain
- Digital Experience Platform
- Case Studies (Audi and Zermatt)
- CEO and Analyst Statements