It is possible, to activate guest user login for accessing the portal. The guest user configuration is on portal level and has the following settings:
- Guest User: Link to a
PortalUserdata object that defines all the permissions for the guest user.
- Guest User Only: If activated the portal has no user login, users are logged in as guest users automatically and always use guest user permissions.
As soon as a guest user is assigned, guest user login for the portal is activated.
Guest User Limitations
Guest users have the following limitations when using the portal:
- Cannot create new Collections. But other users can share collections with guest users which they should have access to.
- Cannot create saved searches.
- Cannot create public shares.
- Cannot access and change profile settings.
- Cannot access statistics explorer.