Why Pimcore E-Commerce Framework
The e-commerce environment has fundamentally changed and e-commerce projects often face new challenges like:
- complex product structures: lots of data attributes, complex product relations, configurable product systems, different sources for products
- complex pricing structures: product dependent price sources, tier pricing, pricing matrices, individual pricing rules, integration of remote pricing services
- complex availability calculations
- thousands customer groups with: customer group specific prices, customer group specific assortments
- individual checkouts: individual integration of backend systems, integration of multi-channel processes into checkout workflow
- individual design
- highly agile projects with changing requirements: 'fail fast', fast changing environments and requirements
We think for these challenges a default shop system that pops out of a box, that has a fixed product data model, fixed workflows, a template based frontend and needs to be connected and integrated with other systems via interfaces is not the tool to go for.
We think for these challenges you need...
- a framework for developers to build outstanding e-commerce solutions for customers,
- with a native integration into Pimcore,
- with a component based architecture
- and a strict separation between backend functionality and frontend presentation.
That is the idea behind the E-Commerce Framework of Pimcore. Like Pimcore itself, it is not a ready made system, it is a set of tools and functionality to help building e-commerce applications really fast and flexible.
Provided Functionality in a Nutshell
- Tools for indexing, listing, searching and filtering products
- Implementations of carts, wish lists, comparison lists, etc.
- Concepts for flexible and complex pricing, taxes and availability functionality
- Functionality and tools for implementing checkout processes
- Pricing Rules and Vouchers
- Tools for working with and managing Orders
- Concepts for setting up multi tenant and multi shop solutions
Working With E-Commerce Framework
Following aspects are short cuts into the documentation for start working with the E-Commerce Framework:
- Architecture Overview
- Installation and Configuration
- Indexing and Listing Products
- Filtering Products
- Working with Prices
- Working with Carts
- Setting up Checkouts
- Integrating Payment Functionality
- Working with Orders
- Tracking Manager
Migration from former E-Commerce Framework Plugin
If you are migrating a project from the former E-Commerce Framework Plugin have a look at the migration notes.