Version: Edit on GitHub
For high traffic websites, we recommend the following software and configurations:
- Use Redis cache backend
- Enable the full-page cache in Settings > System.
- Install and setup Varnish cache and make use of ESI (Pimcore sends the right headers for Varnish if full-page cache is enabled).
- Only use sessions when really necessary. The Pimcore full-page cache detects the usage of sessions in the code and disables itself if necessary.
- Tuning your database configuration to exactly fit the needs of your application.
- Make use of in-template caching.