Pimcore Developers Corner
We are proud and confident to say that Pimcore is built for developers. It is based on the latest up-to-date technology stack, and its awesome flexibility means that it does not limit your creativity. Pimcore enables you to build any digital data management or experience management solution fast and exactly how you envisioned it.
Is Pimcore right for me?
Pimcore is a digital platform, which can be used to speed up digitization projects in medium to large companies. If your company is looking to centralize data, automate business processes, or build highly sophisticated digital experiences such as B2B portals, websites, and online shops, Pimcore could be the right tool for you.
If you loved playing with Lego when you were a kid, you will also love developing with Pimcore (Lego is by the way also one of our customers). Our modular approach is similar to the ones of Drupal, SAP Commerce Cloud, and Spryker, but far more flexible due to a 100% fully API-driven software architecture. Our platform allows developers to concentrate on solving actual business challenges rather than waste their time trying to work out excessive configuration options. If you are looking for an out-of-the-box product, which tells you exactly what to do and how to use it, Pimcore might not be the right tool for you. The very thin and exact configuration layer you are looking for, you will not find within the Pimcore Platform. Pimcore is a framework. This means it abstracts recurring patterns as much as possible and provides predefined components and APIs to make your life as a developer much more comfortable and highly productive.
So how can I get started?
Learning how to use Pimcore might seem difficult in the beginning. Basics you absolutely need to have acquired before getting started are profound knowledge of object orientated web development with PHP, based on the MVC pattern. Good knowledge of Symfony, and basic knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB are also highly advantageous.
- Learn all about how to use the Pimcore Platform™ in our documentation
- Take a hands-on approach to learning by doing by installing our demo
- Check out our useful bundles and example code on GitHub
- Browse an abundance of community bundles at Pimcore Marketplace
- Learn step by step, get certified, and more in Pimcore Academy
Whether you’re starting a garage project, growing your business, or building enterprise solutions, we’re here to help you succeed. Users of the Open Source Pimcore Community Edition can access our community-backed support channels. Pimcore Subscribers have access to direct support from our team and many other support options. Discover support services for the Pimcore Platform™, including developer communities, technical guidance, and expert support.
Search the documentation to get in-depth technical information, tutorials, and more
- Get help, join ongoing discussions or start a discussion in our Community Forums
- Exchange ideas in our Community Chat
- Ask on StackOverflow to get answers to technical questions from other Pimcore developers
View current known issues if you found a problem and want to check if it's already been reported
Report a bug or suggest new features by using our issue tracker
View the FAQ and browse frequently asked questions for fast answers to common questions
Contact our support team to engage directly with us regarding issues and account questions (only with Pimcore Enterprise Subscription)
How to help?
Want to become part of a community of thousands, building amazing data management and experience management solutions? The Pimcore community is growing fast, more than 250 developers are actively and constantly contributing their enhancements to the Pimcore Platform™. In addition to more than 130 solution partner agencies, companies such as Oetker Digital, Universal Music Group, and ProSiebenSat.1 Group implement the product in-house and contribute great improvements and new features. Do you want to help the project but don't know where to start? We'll get you started!
- Help translate the platform to other languages! Start with Essentials, continue with Extended
- Report a bug or suggest new features by using our issue tracker
- Support other community members and solve their issues in the Community Forums
- Solve a small issue and improve the project by fixing a reported bug or implementing a requested enhancement
- Submit feedback and patches to improve the quality of the documentation
- Review a submitted pull request by other contributors to increase the software quality
- Talk about Pimcore and increase the awareness within your personal network
- Create a Pimcore bundle to extend functionality and make it available to the community
- Host a Pimcore event, meetup, or user group - opening it to other people makes the whole ecosystem stronger
Recommended further reading by our partners and community
- Getting Started with Pimcore
- Masterdatenmanagement mit Pimcore (DE)
- A beginners guide to Pimcore
- Introduction to Pimcore Podcast
- Learning Pimcore with practical examples for beginners
Thank you for choosing the Pimcore Platform™. We can’t wait to see what you build.