What makes Pimcore Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ 2018?
As one in only five companies in the digital commerce space, Pimcore has been named in Gartner's prestigious "Cool Vendors in Digital Commerce" 2018 report. This publication is known for recognizing disruptive firms that deliver rapid transformation projects, optimize the use of technology and solve challenges which have been around for a long time. Gartner named Pimcore a 'Cool Vendor' because it is offering a technology and service that is:
- Innovative - Enables enterprises to do things they couldn't do before: In Pimcore you can work with your master data such as products, customers, vendors, images, videos and more in the same interface which you are also using to manage your customer experience such as websites, newsletters, online shop, and print catalogs.
- Impactful - Has a business impact, is not just technology for its own sake: Pimcore is already used by more than 82.000 companies in 56 countries worldwide. Its open-source licensing model enables companies to stay in full control of technology while innovating at a faster pace than the market.
- Intriguing - Has caught Gartner's interest during the past six months: Pimcore is already working for more than 2 years with Gartner to evolve the product vision and roadmap. Gartner analysts are continuously excited about Pimcore's traction and momentum.
So what makes Pimcore stand apart from the crowd?
- It is new: Data Management + Customer Experience Management in a single, consolidated platform.
- It is unique: Its flexible and future-proof technology architecture make it compatible with any data model, any industry and provide connectivity to any external software.
- It is different: It is the only fully integrated customer experience system without software cost. There is no software or licensing cost attached. Because it is a freely available open-source product - which can be deployed on-premise and in the cloud.
Citing examples of trailblazers such as Amazon and Netflix that have relied on open-source technology to excel in customer experience, the report also touched upon the infinite possibilities of innovation open-source software presents.
Christina Klock, 16 May 2018