Low Coding: A Revolution for Integrating Data Management Solutions
Low-code platforms are a newer, faster way of building unique business applications. They use visual methods to support rapid development, one-step deployment, execution, and management of application environments. They create these environments via graphical user interfaces and visual, declarative configurations instead of traditional hand-coded programming.
With such features, the integration of crucial, data-management solutions like Master Data Management (MDM) and Product Information Management (PIM) becomes quicker and more intuitive. Added benefits are the reduction in the amount of coding needed, accelerated delivery, and a lowered cost of setup, training, deployment, and maintenance.
Most importantly, low-code platforms allow a wider group of stakeholders — with or without programming skills — to contribute to the development process. Professional and ‘citizen’ developers can collaborate to create, iterate, and release applications much faster than with traditional methods.
And yet, such high-end benefits can only be delivered if you partner with the right vendor. What do we mean by the right vendor? A partner that can provide low-code solutions with added services like easy API integration. And another cherry on top: solutions that are specifically tailored to fit into your system and that help you overcome your respective challenges.
There are several options on the market offering data management capabilities. But only a fraction of these offer low coding. And of that small percentage, an even smaller number of vendors offer adequate features and capabilities.
That’s where Pimcore comes in: Pimcore offers a single platform for digital data and an outstanding customer experience. It’s available for on-premise deployment or for global 24/7 access through the cloud. It provides expert data management capabilities like Product Information Management (PIM), Master Data Management (MDM), Digital Experience Management (DXP), Customer Data Management (CDP), and many more.
But what makes it stand out from the crowd? Pimcore is compatible with any operating system and has a user-friendly, context-sensitive interface for better data intuition. Our platform is hyper-flexible and adapts to individual needs regarding both licensing and operational costs.
The next generation of application development
Low Code Development Platforms (LCDP) are gaining in popularity – with high adoption rates owing to exceptional features like drag-and-drop flexibility, reusability, and security. They allow for the integration of cutting-edge technologies for varied business cases, scalable iterations of new applications, and a faster time to market with low requirements for technical skills.
“By 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.”
Low coding is especially gaining traction for developing solutions like MDM, PIM, DAM, eCommerce and DXP. This shift is driven by the requirement to seamlessly transform business functions and to deliver a better customer experience, improve operational efficiency, drive innovation, and enhance responsiveness.
All the aforementioned solutions are crucial for enterprises in many industries today. And yet, the cost of developing and managing them increases with the amount of personalized content that is stored within them. The total cost of ownership (TCO) spikes even more with continuous data integration and the addition of regulatory and business-centric information. Companies also face pressure from departments for IT support. And as the number of data channels and/or application operations increase, it becomes necessary to scale old solutions or deploy new ones as fast as possible.
Low-code platforms can accelerate these projects. They empower businesses by providing high-quality data and agile solutions that significantly enhance productivity and efficiency. In addition, low coding streamlines the process of integrating performance management tools at a later stage. This way, the overall reliability and maintainability of the solution are further enhanced.
Pimcore Platform™ is the only open-source enterprise software that can achieve this – for any digital data and across all channels and devices. Built on a standardized, modular, open, and service-oriented architecture, it is 100% API-driven. You can simply scale, implement, and add new features with less money and in less time!
Is it possible to build a business application in a matter of hours?
The answer is: Yes – with a low-code platform! The applications can be of varying complexity to meet the business needs of data management, digitalization, automation, and workflow enhancement. Be it an MDM integration or an app for Digital Asset Management (DAM): Low coding offers high productivity and lowered costs, as it develops more applications in less time.
With low coding, enterprises can build data management solutions ten times faster than with hand-coding processes. As a result, enterprises can get a head start on designing features that solve specific business use cases. Added benefits of low-code data management solutions include easy usability, low employee and maintenance costs, a smaller margin for errors and easier debugging. As a low-code platform, Pimcore lets you benefit from the following:
- Scalability and flexibility: It can handle an increase in the number of users, as the business grows. Its flexible environment supports app development without having to maintain dedicated code or logic. Code can be scaled without long waiting times, improving business agility.
- API-driven integration: Pimcore allows for easy integration with almost any software and third-party business application via API implementation. For instance, once changes are made to a Digital Experience Platform (DXP), enhancements can be merged into a version control repository where the build system can automatically grab the latest version before building, testing, and deploying it.
- Workflow automation: With Pimcore, businesses can create applications to automate and optimize workflows specific to them. It lets you build processes for tasks of any complexity, allowing you to automate the workflows of several departments like sales, marketing, and service. You can also jump from one project to another with ease, isolate and resolve problems quickly, and improve portfolio quality.
- Advanced architecture support: Pimcore provides advanced architecture support to scale up the application limits without impacting performance or transparency. It can unify the development of otherwise disparate, singular, and modular codebases of different data management platforms for better compatibility.
- Customer experience (CX): Irrespective of the customer touchpoint or channel, Pimcore consistently delivers impressive experiences. Whether you’re designing an app from scratch, customizing a pre-built design template, or importing an existing design: A platform like Pimcore allows you to implement all enhancements without compromising performance or functionality.
The time has come to move beyond the burden of custom application development – and to unleash the power of business innovation! With low-coded applications, you can enhance and upgrade your existing applications with the latest advancements in application architecture. If it suits your needs, you can also deploy a brand new one in a fraction of the time that it would normally take you using traditional methods.
Banking on the faster development process and flowchart-based coding, you can focus on the user experience of your applications. It allows you to patch them as per your organizational needs – all the while, increasing returns.
All Pimcore capabilities are low coded and packed with modern features, addressing today’s needs. Pimcore offers a unique blend of open-source platforms alongside low-code features that can become a one-stop-shop solution for all your data management requirements.
Pimcore can aggregate, manage and distribute any type and amount of data and digital assets for multi-channel publishing and digital commerce initiatives. You can solve data challenges easily and quickly for more reliability and a faster time to market.
Want to know what Pimcore can do for you? Discover its 250+ success stories!
Want to submit a guest post to Pimcore's Blog?
Submit a guest post and benefit from our network! With our newsletter, we reach more than 4 000 subscribers and attract more than 50 000 monthly visitors to our website, and we're always looking for more brilliant contributors to join our ranks. Contact us.