Pimcore Developers Corner
We are proud and confident to say that Pimcore was built for developers. It is based on the latest, up-to-date technology stack. And its outstanding flexibility ensures that that there will be no limits your creativity. Pimcore allows you to build any digital data management or experience management solution – fast and exactly how you envisioned it.
Is Pimcore right for me?
Pimcore is a digital platform that speeds up digitization projects for companies ranging from small businesses to large corporations. If your company is looking to centralize data, automate business processes, or build highly sophisticated digital experiences such as B2B portals, websites, and online shops – then Pimcore will be the right tool for you!
If you enjoyed playing with Lego when you were a kid, you will love developing with Pimcore (by the way, the Lego company is one of our customers). Our modular approach is similar to Drupal, SAP Commerce Cloud, and Spryker but much more flexible thanks to a 100 % API-driven software architecture.
With the Enterprise Edition & Community Edition, our platform provides a framework to developers who focus on solving fundamental and complex business challenges. It abstracts recurring patterns as much as possible and offers predefined components and APIs to make your life as a developer much more comfortable and productive.
Suppose you are instead looking for an out-of-the-box product for a fast project ramp-up. In that case, our Cloud Edition might be the perfect approach for your business challenges, including high flexibility through data modeling and configuration options.
We deliberately offer these options to meet all needs – those of developers as well as those of businesses.
So how can you get started?
Learning how to use Pimcore might seem difficult in the beginning. One of the basics you absolutely need to have acquired before getting started is a profound knowledge of object-orientated web development with PHP, based on the MVC pattern. Good knowledge of Symfony, and basic knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB are also highly advantageous.
- Learn all about how to use the Pimcore Platform™ in our documentation.
- Take a hands-on approach to learning by installing our demo.
- Check out our useful bundles and sample code on GitHub.
- Browse a variety of community bundles on the Pimcore Marketplace.
- Take a step-by-step approach to learning, get certified, and more in our Pimcore Academy.
Whether you're starting a garage project, growing your business, or building enterprise solutions: We're here to help you succeed! Users of the Open Source Pimcore Community Edition can access our community-backed support channels. Enterprise Edition & Cloud Edition subscribers can additionally take advantage of direct support from our team and many more support options. Discover our support services for the Pimcore Platform™, including developer communities, technical guidance, and expert support.
Search the documentation to get in-depth technical information, tutorials, and more.
Get help, join ongoing discussions, or start your own conversation in our community forums.
Exchange ideas in our community chat.
Ask other Pimcore developers on StackOverflow to get answers to technical questions.
Review the current known issues if you found a problem and find out if it's already been reported.
Report a bug or suggest new features by using our issue tracker.
Have a look at our FAQs and browse the most frequently asked questions to find answers to common questions.
How to help?
You’d like to become part of a community of thousands of developers, building amazing data management and experience management solutions? The Pimcore community is growing fast. More than 250 developers are actively and constantly adding their upgrades to the Pimcore Platform™. In addition to more than 130 solution partner agencies, companies such as Oetker Digital, Universal Music Group, and ProSiebenSat.1 Group have already implemented the product and contribute great improvements and new features. You would like to help advance the project but don't know where to start? We'll get you started!
- Help translate the platform to other languages. Start with “Essential” and continue with “Extended”.
- Report a bug or suggest new features by using our issue tracker.
- Support other community members and help solve their issues in the community forums.
- Solve a small issue and improve the project by fixing a reported bug or implementing a requested improvement.
- Submit feedback and patches to improve the quality of the documentation.
- Review a submitted pull request by other contributors to improve the software’s quality.
- Talk about Pimcore and increase awareness of it within your personal network.
- Create a Pimcore bundle to extend functionalities and make them available to the community.
- Host a Pimcore event, meetup, or user group. Opening it to other people makes the entire ecosystem stronger!
Recommended reading by our partners and the community
- Getting Started with Pimcore
- Masterdatenmanagement mit Pimcore (DE)
- A beginner's guide to Pimcore
- Introduction to the Pimcore Podcast
- Learning how to use Pimcore (with practical examples for beginners)
Thank you for choosing the Pimcore Platform™! We can’t wait to see what you’ll build with it.