Announcing pimcore 3.0
On behalf of pimcore, I’m proud to announce that we are releasing pimcore 3 today. Pimcore 3 is a huge step forward and by far the biggest release in the history of pimcore. We want to take a moment to thank our community for all of the feedback and constant support. Together, we have created the world’s most advanced open source content management framework.
Pimcore now utilizes the full power of namespaces in PHP. We've rewritten the entire core while still being nearly 100% downward compatible to earlier versions of pimcore.
Read more on namespaces in pimcore. Please have also a look at our upgrade guide.
- Extension ZIP upload
- Updated devices in document preview
- Advanced translation import (compare & merge feature)
- Navigation improvements
- EXIF orientation flag support
- Improved permissions
- XLIFF export & import improvements
- Replaced flash upload with HTML5 upload (across the system, no flash required)
- Removed all PEAR dependencies
- fixed 118 issues reported by the community in our bug tracker
- ~ 510 commits to the VCS
- merged 37 pull requests on GitHub
How To Upgrade
Please do not upgrade from 2.x on a production system.
Before you upgrade please read carfully our upgrade guide.