Pimcore 5 Beta released!
Dear Pimcore community!
We are proud to announce another big milestone today. The Beta of Pimcore 5 has just been released.
This new version comes with all eCommerce features included. The eCommerce framework, which was a module in former versions, is now part of the core!
We take this opportunity to give you an update from our core development team.
As announced in March, when the Alpha was released, Pimcore 5 will be powered by Symfony (the currently leading PHP framework). The transition from Zend to Symfony ensures that Pimcore stays a future-proof software platform.
Got any questions? Just submit them in the live chat at the bottom of this website ◢. We will collect your questions and publish all answers here. Find some already below.
#1 When will the final version of Pimcore 5 be released?
We are on schedule to release Pimcore 5 at the end of September 2017 at this years’ Pimcore Partner Conference in Salzburg, Austria.
#2 Can we already start developing with Pimcore 5?
Yes, the Beta is feature complete. We encourage you to actively use it. Until the final release, updated versions will be available on a regularly basis (every few days) for testing and implementation. Your feedback is appreciated. Please start to use Pimcore 5 extensively. Report bugs on GitHub or even better, provide pull requests. Grab the latest install package using the following link:
https://www.pimcore.org/download-5/pimcore-unstable.zip (always pointing to the latest build)
#3 What's the best way to keep up-to-date regarding current development at Pimcore?
1) Follow the development in real-time on GitHub https://github.com/pimcore/pimcore
2) Become Pimcore partner and receive newsletters, invitations to webinars and more
3) Visit our website on a regular basis
#4 What's the best way to acquire knowledge in developing with Symfony?
1) Get certified: https://sensiolabs.com/en/symfony/certification.html
2) Visit an international Symfony conference: http://live.symfony.com/
3) Partners will gain basic knowledge about Symfony also at this years partner conference
The Pimcore Crew