The Pimcore Podcast is Live!
An Introduction to Pimcore
Check out the brand new Thunderclap podcast series! Thunderclap covers topics at the intersection of design, technology, and marketing. We are honored that its first episode is about Pimcore.
Pimcore says, ‘here are the things that you need to do it your way.’ — Jim Wagner
The 41-minute episode answers the questions:
- What Is Pimcore?
- Is it right for my company?
- How do I get started?
Title: An Introduction to Pimcore
Host: Kevin Peckham
Episode Guest: Jim Wagner
Jim Wagner was the featured guest for episode 1 "An Introduction to Pimcore". Jim is a business analyst, data architect, and UX designer at Lightning Jar and also our resident Pimcore expert. Jim lives in Brooklyn and works out of the Lightning Jar New York office.
Connect with Jim: email@example.com
- History of the need for Product Information Management [1:20]
- Origination and the philosophy of Pimcore [2:36]
- Definition of (DAM) Digital Asset Management [3:25]
- Definition of (CMS) Content Management [4:18]
- Who should be interested in Pimcore [5:00]
- Why Pimcore isn't a turnkey solution [6:30]
- The value of a unified data approach [7:30]
- Why it makes a lot of sense to have an integrated PIM, DAM, CMS solution [10:30]
- API distribution of data from Pimcore [11:40]
- Why should companies consider Pimcore? [13:10]
- What are the advantages of open source? [14:20]
- Centralized code control for Pimcore releases [15:50]
- History and duration of Pimcore project + releases [16:48]
- Workflow management with Pimcore [17:14]
- Localization and multi-language support [18:47]
- Why companies are unhappy with current solutions [20:00]
- This fist Pimcore project in the United States [20:33]
- How Lightning Jar discovered Pimcore [21:35]
- How eCommerce is an iceberg (in terms of complexity) [24:24]
- How well Pimcore integrates with other systems [25:00]
- Product data architecture as a common pain point [26:00]
- How to get started with Pimcore [28:43]
- Getting started, the next steps after installation [30:14]
- A typical scenario for a new Pimcore user, seeking guidance and advanced help [31:16]
- Why Pimcore is exciting for data architects and system architects [32:20]
- What content managers say about Pimcore [33:10]
- Why designers like Pimcore [34:02]
- Getting support for a Pimcore project [35:19]
- What to look for in a Pimcore partner [35:45]
- How to learn more about Pimcore [39:30]
Links from this Episode
Lightning Jar Podcast Services
Lightning Jar also produces custom branded podcasts for clients. If you have an idea for a podcast that could help promote your company, product, or brand and need help making it a reality, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the Thunderclap Podcast
This post was initially released on the Lightning Jar blog.